- The car park I use for work has got strict on early bird parking conditions and now makes us drive all the way up to level 7 to get our ticket "validated" which is just a guy scrawling something on the ticket in ballpoint and handing it back. What does that even do?
- Spotlight was sold out of seashell chocolate moulds which I need for a birthday cake
- What is this weather. It's too changeable even for a Melbourne springtime, and now I have a cold (diddums!)
- I have way too much to do to get ready for birthdays and Christmas, and not enough time to do it
- The kids are going to sleep way too late which eats into my evenings which is leaving my house messy and to-do list only minimally tackled, and me grumpy.
- The school didn't send me a dental plan form and now I have to try and get one
- We couldn't save as much of the money we got from an insurance claim as we planned, because we had to use it for Christmas
- Our deck needs painting, our fence needs replacing, our walls need re-painting, our carpet needs replacing and possibly our floors need re-stumping. And we can't afford to do any of it.
There. That's better.
On the flip side:
- We are all well, healthy and mostly happy
- I got the last little wooden rocking horses from Spotlight that I need for the other birthday cake
- My mum got me the seashell chocolate moulds from another Spotlight
- I haven't had to put anything on our credit card for Christmas, thanks to our small but welcome insurance payout
- I have lost some weight and it hasn't been hard (so far!)
- The girls are winding down at school which means no more homework!
- I am nearly ready for the girls' birthday party, I just have to stay calm
- It's nearly birthday and Christmas time, yay!
*Exhales loudly*. OK, I'm alright now. Carry on.