Top 5 Reasons I Know I Work in Financial Markets:
1. I know the ASX Operating Rules, ASIC Market Integrity Rules, Corporations Act, Financial Services Regulation, and the Anti-Money-Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing Act really, really well
2. I smirk and shake my head cynically when politicians pretend to criticize the Reserve Bank for lifting rates
3. I thought the NAB got it really, badly, stupidly wrong with their ad campaign about divorcing the banks - unlike the rest of the public which deemed it a massive success and worthy of a major advertising award
4. Like most people working in markets I cannot pick stocks for crap, AND I continue to think I can
5. I am appalled at the worst excesses of Wall Street and I empathize with the Occupy movement - but I don't think you can do a whole lot to legislate for fairness or ethics beyond the basics. I know the traders will always be ahead of the regulators, because constant evolution and innovation are part of how markets work.
If you want to see some other 5 Reasons lists, look here.