Mar 3, 2014

12 Resolutions: March

This year I'm playing along with #12Resolutions on Twitter and Facebook. The idea is to set yourself short-term, achievable goals, one each month. 

January started out really well. I stuck to that resolution and am still doing it: I walk the dog at least once a day and occasionally even twice. The dog is happy, I'm happier, all good. 

February? Oh dear. Not so good. I am ashamed to say I did not even pick up my pen/laptop to write those stories I intended

I was full of confidence and enthusiasm at the end of January, but I overestimated myself with this goal. Despite constantly writing notes and story snippets and thinking of fiction in my head, the truth is I am a novice writer and that goal was probably too lofty or me.

I hummed and hawed about whether to discard this goal for something else, or to stick with it, and I have come up with a middle way: for March I will attempt to write ONE short story, and it won't matter if it's not publishable or even the final draft; it will be enough to have something notionally complete on paper, and I can improve on it later.

I have also paid for and enrolled in an online project management course for work, and promised myself to start that in March, so my plate will be full this month.

Image by Africa/FreeDigitalPhotos.net


What's on your to-do list this month?


#12Resolutions:


January: walk 5 times a week (done - I now walk daily)
February: write 2 short stories  (failed!)

March: write ONE short story; begin Project Management course

6 comments:

  1. Never mind Jackie,

    I'm sure you will manage your short story; I look forward to reading it.

    :-)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your revised resolution - and, like PM, hope to be able to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a to-do list, but if I were to write one it would go like this:
    1. sleep
    2. sleep
    3. sleep
    4. read more
    5. sleep

    I seem to be very tired lately, it is a false tiredness, it's because of the antihistamines. All over Adelaide the Murraya shrubs are flowering and stuffing up my sinuses to headache point, so the antihistamines got dragged out of the drawer they were hiding in. I haven't taken any since last year's Jasmine bloom, so my system needs to become accustomed all over again. I can feel my eyes closing as I type this.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get terrible hayfever, so I know something of what you're talking about. It certainly is tiring. I hope you are getting plenty of that lovely sleep.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...