Jan 4, 2014

12 Resolutions

So, resolutions. I said I wouldn't make any this year (and then I more or less made one), but January always feels so new and optimistic that it is hard to resist.

So this year I'm playing along with #12Resolutions on Twitter and Facebook. The idea is to set yourself short-term, achievable goals, one each month.

My resolution for January is to walk 5 times a week.

That's it. Modest and achievable. When I walk the dog, that counts. If I do ten minutes on the treadmill, that counts. If I go for a short walk at lunchtime, that counts.

I can do this - easily.

I've already started.

I already have goals in mind for February and March, but none yet beyond that. I think this is how it's supposed to work. Setting and achieving modest goals kickstarts a change of attitude and new goals will present themselves.

If you would like to join in, use the hashtag #12Resolutions on Twitter, or ask to join Dr Bron's Facebook group 12 Resolutions. We'll all encourage each other!


Photo: Dan/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

#12Resolutions:

January: walk 5 times a week

8 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Good luck with it - and with future months.
    Dinosaur that I am, I neither twitter nor FaceBook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are handy tools and fun, but I also totally understand why people don't do them as well.

      Delete
  2. Walk five times a week. I reckon I could do that.
    I just need to heave this bottom out of its chair......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie,

    I already do that - a brisk 30 minute walk each lunchtime and at least an hour each weekend.

    It's easy once you get into the habit - and extremely therapeutic too.

    You can do this!

    :-)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PM! Yes, I chose something modest and completely achieveable, knowing I am starting from effectively zero. I've kept up so far, and you're right of course - it's not hard at all. I just have to DO it. :)

      Delete
  4. I've chickened out of writing any down this time, but walking 5 times a week sounds really sensible. Small steps and all that :) Don't T or FB - probably join you if I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey. Small steps indeed, I've learned my lesson from larger scale resolutions!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...