Sep 15, 2013

Sunday Selections #137

It's time for Sunday Selections!
This is a weekly meme started by Kim of FrogPondsRock as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs. Sunday Selections is now hosted by River at Drifting Through Life.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to River somewhere in your post
3. leave a comment on River's post and visit some of the others who have posted and commented

This week, I've chosen photos of Jells Park.

These were taken in April this year.   I love this view in any weather, looking down the expanse of grass towards the lake.



And the kids love running all the way to the lake. Until one of them trips and falls, which happens most of the time.  We're not a running family. Or a big outdoorsy family. But we do love Jells Park.


I've always loved this sign by the lake that says not to feed the ducks.


Because they get fat and can't escape stray cats:



The shots below were taken in December 2011, when we went with friends to Carols by Candlelight. It was a lot of trouble with all the picnic-preparing, paraphernalia-carrying and the walking to and from the car park miles away, but it was a great afternoon and night and the kids all loved it. I have some beautiful shots of four kids having a great time, but none with obscured faces that I can post here. But here are some shots of the park and the sky.

We arrived early. Very early. They were still setting up. We picked our spot and settled in.




A few hours later, the show started, with introduction by Pete Smith:


In short time, the grounds were full and the show was in full swing:




The best thing about Jells Park is the huge sky. This was an accidental shot and is one of my favourite photos I've ever taken:


And lastly, pure sky:




6 comments:

  1. Nice. I have been to Carols by Candlelight, but not for many years. The nicest was at Fountain Gate with family before the place mega expanded, but also a nice one at Caulfield Park too.

    If you go to my blog and scroll down on the left hand side to Honours, and then Schmap, what is there to be seen is by yours truly, or at this short link, http://www.schmap.com/melbourne/activities_sports/#r=none&mapview=Map&tab=Places&p=79152&topleft=-37.60063,144.94057&bottomright=-38.02592,145.13351&i=79152_1.jpg We've had some great times at Jells Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your accidental photo of the sky and the stage in the corner - beautiful photo. Looks like a very a great family park

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spot. And the sky is stunning. I love the do not feed the ducks sign as well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Jells Park too - love the run of electricity pylons especially - great part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great Do Not Feed sign. I watch Carols By Candlelight on TV, I'm much too lazy to actually go to the park where they're held.
    I like the sky shots over Jells Park too.
    We're not a running family either, to see one of us run, you'd split your sides laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew: thanks, I will check out that link

    Jacana: thank you - it is. It has wild bits too which is what I love - bits you don't actually go into because there are snakes!

    Elephant's Child, thank you :)

    Pandora: haha, yes! I was going to include a shot of those but thought, maybe I'll just edit them out...

    River: I'm usually too lazy too - this was our one and only Carols by Candelight to date. We won't be going every year, it's too much trouble!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...