Here is the picture* I saw when I first opened The Age iPad app this morning:
*[Dear The Age, I'm sorry for stealing this photo - I don't normally do it, but this post is meaningless without it. Can we call this a "meme" and let me get away with it?]
|Photo: Andrew Meares, The Age|
Here are the things that went through my head, in rapid succession, when I saw this photo:
- Oh my god, that's caught her nose in the EXACT same angle as they draw it in the cartoons
- Wow, good photo. She looks attractive
- Nice make-up
- She straightens her hair every day. What time she must get up every morning?
- She probably got her hair and makeup done for the press conference
- But she always looks like that
There is no way I am as busy and stressed every day as Julia Gillard. How come she finds time for good grooming and I struggle to?
I haven't straightened my hair in about ten years.
My make-up routine on work days is: wipe-on foundation, mascara, lipgloss.
If I'm meeting with big bosses or going out, I add eye-shadow and swap the lipgloss for lipliner and lipstick.
My make-up routine on weekends is: ha ha ha.
Now, I know I have kids and all, and life can be hectic. But - let's be honest here - there is no way I am as busy or as stressed as Julia Gillard.
Time to lift my game.
What about you? Had any similar self-realization epiphanies lately?