|Disney Clip Art|
What "inner gifts" would you bestow on your child, if you had fairy godmother powers like the fairies in Sleeping Beauty?
Here's what I would bestow on my daughters (and my nephew), if I could do it with a wave of my wand:
1. Optimism. Very helpful for a happy and productive life. It's not critical, but it helps.
2. Patience / Judgement. Sadly this is one that most of us only acquire with experience (the wrong sort of experience). But if I could bestow it, I would. Not at the expense of some crucial thrills and spills in their younger years, mind. Those are part of a good life too.
3. Empathy / Kindness. I know, we teach our children these, and we model them, and we don't really need a magic wand to bestow them. But they are that important.
4. Middling Beauty. Not raving supermodel good looks, which (I imagine) bring their own kind of pressure and problems, but simple "attractiveness" which is not disruptive and goes far.
5. Friendship. Not just a circle of friends, but the delicate and crucial art of making friends and maintaining friendships.
What would YOU bestow?
For more Listography, look here.