Jan 8, 2012

Twilight Responses

So I recently saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn (Part 1) at the movies.
Yes I did, OK? So go ahead, guffaw!

It was about what you'd expect. It was over-angsty, over-dramatic, over-long.
(They could have SOOOO easily fit that whole book into one movie, if you ask me).

But I can see why girls love these movies, as they are moody and romantic and they are very faithful to the feel of the books.

I'm not a huge Twilight fan, but I did really like the first movie, and the first 2 books.

So because I'm bored, here are the answers to the Twilight questions no one has ever asked me:


1. Yes, I liked the first two books. Yes, sue me: I liked them!

2. Because they were moody and evocative and very good at teen girl angst, isolation and obsession; I like teens and understand and remember those feelings. Also, I love that area of the States where the books are set - not Forks specifically, where I have never been, but Washington and its forests.

2. No, I could not get through the last two books, I didn't like them at all.

3. Jacob.



Cheers,
Jackie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,

    Mrs PM loves Twilight and has read the books and seen the first three films. I have just seen the films.

    They are okay but really the thing I object too is that they are too "nice" when really they should be scary. But I see why they appeal because really they are seen from the perspective of the heroine - which is why Mrs PM likes them so much.

    We need to reinvent vampires to be the terrifying creatures they used to be.

    But that's just me, I guess - weird!!

    :-)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PM,
    I missed the last film but wasn't fussed because I only liked the first two books and the first movie.
    Good point about vampires. But then haven't they always been "sexy" as well as scary?
    I love the original Dracula movie and the Coppola version.
    I also loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer though it is pretty lame if you watch it now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...