Dec 1, 2010

Thirty Minutes a Day

I have decided to make myself do 30 minutes of exercise a day.
I know that's no big deal for a normal person, but it is for me considering I have pretty much been living on a conveyor belt between home, my car and my office chair since I went back to work full-time. Three years ago.

This is not going to be easy.
Firstly because I have NO time, and secondly because I have got so far out of the habit of exercising.
But I will allow myself to break up the day's exercise into 10 or 15 minute chunks, to get me going.

Today's exercise:
  • one fifteen-minute power walk around the local shopping centre (It's true - I wore my sneakers)
  • one more leisurely twenty minute walk window-shopping for shoes (yeah that counts - I'm starting from zero here)
Feel the burn!

2 comments:

  1. It is hard - bloody hard - to get back into and yes, it'll take the standard, soft-tissue six weeks before you notice anything; that's the hard bit. By then you'll feel better and actually look forward to doing it - that's the great bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know that's true. I've been there before and will get there again. I used to exercise on a very regular basis and was moderately fit - it's bloody shocking how far I have fallen though!! it's a long climb back up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...